Life feels like it’s (mosty) back to normal and your calendar is quickly filling up again. You’ve got your in-person workout to get to, lunch with a friend, finally planning that family vacay… then after alllll that, there’s about zero time left in your day to cook yourself a healthy and delicious meal, let alone, look for healthy recipes.
But no worries—FitPro Emily Newlands has your back! This super speedy avocado toast with an “instant” poached egg is just the cure for your hectic morning. It’s got all the ingredients we love (anything with avocado please and thank you!), but also the health benefits of a protein breakfast (like whole grains, healthy fats and vitamin D) that your body needs.
Make this easy recipe for a quick breakfast, lunch, or hey, even dinner, and get some time back on your busy calendar.
Super Speedy Avocado Toast With “Instant” Poached Egg
• 1 slice sprouted whole grain bread (like Ezekiel)
• 1 small ripe avocado
• 1 large egg
• 1 tsp plain white vinegar (to help the egg set, optional)
• Pinch of salt and pepper
• Hot sauce, to taste (optional)
• Start by getting the bread in the toaster
• In the meantime, fill a microwave-safe mug with ½ cup water and 1 tsp vinegar (if using) and mix with a fork to start a little whirlpool.
• Carefully crack an egg directly into the mug and microwave on high power for one minute. (Microwaves will vary A LOT. You can experiment with time until you get it right! Always use the same mug and the same amount of water/vinegar so you can keep the time consistent. If you skip the vinegar, you may need to add more time.)
• When the toast is done, spread the avocado onto the bread and use a slotted spoon to transfer the egg on top of the toast.
• Season with salt, pepper and hot sauce, if desired.