Our weekly #CreditChat started in 2012 to help our community learn about credit and important personal finance topics (e.g. saving money, paying down debt, improving credit scores). Each chat is hosted by @Experian on Twitter and all are welcome to participate. DM us any questions.
This week, we’ll discuss ways to overcome barriers to financial inclusion.
Are you ready to take your finances to the next level? The Debt Free Guys partnered with Experian to give away three (3) Credit Card Pay Off courses ($277 value) to three lucky winners. One of the three will also receive a $50 Amazon gift card.
Topic: Helping Communities Achieve Financial Inclusion
When: Wednesday, September 29, 2021 at 3 p.m. ET.
Where: Twitter chatroom or join the live hashtag discussion.
The panel will include: TGR Foundation, A Tiger Woods Charity; Cally Ingebritson: Friendly Financial Coach and Founder of Chillax Finance; Patrina Dixon: Personal Finance Expert and Author, It’$ My Money; Leslie H. Tayne, Esq: Founder and Managing Director of Tayne Law Group, P.C. (f/k/a The Law Offices of Leslie H. Tayne, P.C.); Beverly Harzog: Credit Card Expert and Consumer Finance Analyst for U.S. News; Paulina Likos: Investing Reporter at U.S. News; Jorrell Bland: Client Services Manager, Mitlin Financial; Rod Griffin: Senior Director, Consumer Education and Advocacy, Experian Jennifer White: Consumer Education and Advocacy Expert at Experian and Christina Roman: Consumer Education and Advocacy Manager at Experian.
Gift Card Giveaway
Enter here for a chance to win one of three Debt Free Guys Credit Card Pay Off courses! One winner will also receive a $50 Amazon gift card. We will be announcing a winner at the end of the chat. Entry Period: Raffle open now and closes at the end of this chat at 4 p.m. ET. Complete rules here.
Questions We’ll Discuss:
- What is financial inclusion?
- Why is it important to strive for financial inclusion?
- What are some barriers to financial inclusion?
- How can we work together to identify communities that need help achieving financial inclusion?
- Where can you find financial education resources that are free or low cost?
- Why is it beneficial to open an account with a traditional bank or credit union?
- How can financial institutions develop products and resources for communities that need it most?
- How can individuals gain access to traditional financial services?
- What role does credit play in achieving financial inclusion?
- How does financial inclusion empower people to invest in their communities?